Flush Hydrant Use Policy
West side water tower maintance.
This letter is to inform you that The water tower work in now finished.
No Boil orders had to be issued.
We thank you for your cooperation with your water usage for the duration of the work.
Frank Cottrell Mgr.
ACH Bank Draft Customers:
On-line Bill Pay Customers:
- Your signed ACH Authorization form and a VOIDED CHECK (not a deposit slip)
must be received by the BTPWD office by the 25th of the month for it to be effective with the next billing.
- If you need an authorization form contact Frank Cottrell at 823-0211. The form and the voided
check must be mailed to:
Attn: Treasurer, BTPWD
P.O. Box 704
Bloomington, IL 61702-0704
- You will know that your authorization has been received and is effective -- because your utility
bill will say "BANK DRAFT - DO NOT PAY"
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the routing number on your check is the routing number
your bank uses for ACH transactions. Call your bank, credit union, etc. and ask them. Depending on the bank -
the routing number on your check MAY NOT be the one to use for ACH transactions.
- BTPWD accepts on line payments via electronic checks. This requires your bank routing number and your checking account number. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DEBIT CARD OR CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS.
- Select the "Pay Here" tab on the website.
- Have your bill stub handy - you will need name and address exactly as it appears
on your bill stub.
- Set up an Account and you are ready to make payments on-line.
- Payments are batch processed. You can make a payment until 10:00 p.m. and it will processed for that day.
- Use this same account to see your customer payment history and usage history.
View Your Customer Account On-Line
- Select the "Pay Here" tab on the website.
- Have your bill stub handy - you will need the name and address exactly as it appears on your bill stub.
- Set up an Account and you can view your payment and usage history on-line.
Sign up to have your utility bill e-emailed to you. When your utility bill is e-mailed to you it will require a password.
The e-mail you receive will provide instructions on your password.
You can choose to receive a postcard bill only, a post card and an e-bill or both.
Use the "Contact Us" form on the website.
BTPWD User Information Packets
The Operation of Water Powered Sump Pumps can be Expensive!
Water powered sump pumps are designed to work when the power is out at a home and the traditional electric sump pump is not working. A water powered sump pump is powered by water pressure in the distribution system to drive the sump pump.
- Water powered sump pumps can use large amounts of water in a short period of time and this can have a huge impact on your monthly water bill.
- Water powered sump pumps are allowed to be used but there are other alternatives that do not have the high risk of a high water consumption.
- BTPWD will not waive any consumption amount due to a water powered sump pump loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When are penalties assessed on the water bills?
- The bills are mailed by the last day of the month. All payments are due by the 15th of the month. Penalties are applied on the 16th of the month.
Billing Cycle & Water Shut-Off Policy for BTPWD
|Bills are mailed:
||The Last Day of the Month
|Payments are due:
||The 15th day of the following month
(all payments received by 2:00 p.m. on the 15th will be considered as received on time) . If the 15th is a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday, all payments received by 2:00 p.m. on the next business day will be considered as received on time.
|Penalties are applied:
||The 16th day of the month (or the 1st business day after 2:00 p.m. as noted above)
|Delinquent notices will be mailed:
||Between the 17th and the 19th day of the month
|Payment for the TOTAL AMOUNT OWED is due:
||By 2:00 p.m. on the last day of the month
(If the last day of the month is a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, payment is due by 2:00 p.m. on the next business day) The date and time for payments to be paid as well as the date and time of shut off will be noted in the delinquent notice.
|Water Shut-Off Procedures for Delinquent Accounts will commence:
||At 9:00 a.m. on the day following the payment due date above.
(If that day is a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, shut off will be the following business day)
|The Bloomington Township Public Water District (BTPWD) defines delinquent as follows:
Any amount owed that is more than 60 days past due as of the 16th day of the month
Any amount over $300 that is unpaid as of the 16th day of the month
Links for environmental protection: